Technical Diving Ireland
This Forum, FAQ, Rules, Advertising
The Dive Forum Rules
The Dive Forum Rules
The Dive Forum Rules
November 19, 2016, 11:02:34 PM »
Important Legal Information
Terms and Conditions of forum.technicaldiving.ie Internet Website.
The usage of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions that you should read carefully. By using this website you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions then you may not use this website. The headings shown below are for convenience only and do not limit the applicability of any term and condition.
1. In order to become a member of the website and to post to the website you must register an account with us.
2. You must maintain a valid email address associated with your membership account.
3. The creation of multiple accounts ("sock puppets") for one person is prohibited.
4. You must not share your membership account, your password or any other details of your account with other individuals and no one may log onto your account other than you.
5. By becoming a member of the website you understand that we will display your membership account (including its status) and any posts, articles or any information and files you upload to the website indefinitely.
6. Membership of this board is a privilege not a right and is at the absolute discretion of The Dive Forum. If you break any of these terms or behave in a matter detrimental to the good of this website then as a minimum you will be warned either via Private Message or an infraction (which might result in a temporary suspension), however if you continue with that behaviour or break other rules or if on review we think your infraction was serious then you will be banned. Serious infringements of these terms will result in an instant ban.
7. If you threaten someone in any way on the forums or via its private messaging system or perform or condone any unlawful act or behave in a manner which harms our community then you will be instantly banned with no warning.
8. Infractions and bans are private matters between this website, its staff and individual users who receive said infraction or ban. They may not be made public or discussed on the website.
9. Please be warned that the consequences of being banned are that you will be unable to access the website, your account will be placed into banned status and your account will be publicly shown to be banned and all your posts will be shown to be published from a banned account.
10. While we respect a user's desire to request a review of the status of their account when banned, we specifically forbid the use of sock puppets (multiple user accounts) or another user's account to make such a request. All such requests must be sent to
for consideration. At this point of the process, we will not correspond any further unless we change your status.
11. You may cancel your membership at any time when your account is in good standing (e.g. while not in receipt of an infringement or ban). To do so, please inform an administrator. Your account will be marked with a status of Membership Cancelled and will be deactivated. Any posts you have made, will be shown to have been made from a cancelled account.
12. To request reactivation of a cancelled membership account please contact
where a review of your request will be made.
13 If you wish to discuss these Terms then contact us via a Private Message or email. You agree you will not discuss the terms on the forums or in public.
14 While we encourage discussion about a wide range of subjects, there are certain areas that elicit more animosity and subsequently far more flames. As a result you agree that discussions involving politics, religion, nationalities or anything of a sexual nature be reserved for other message boards that are better venues for these topics and will not be discussed on this website.
15 Cross Posting / Reposting / Reprinting of information from this site is forbidden without written permission of the site owner.
16 Any photos that are uploaded to our gallery may have the websites name and/or copyright information shown on them in a manner which discourages image theft.
17 Spam, data mining or recruiting our membership is forbidden.
18 You agree that you will not post or upload any material which might give rise to legal liability on our part to a third party and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless for any liability how so ever arising resulting from the material posted or uploaded by you.
19 You agree that when posting in an existing thread you will not hijack the thread or attempt to take it off topic; this is different to conversations wandering as they do
20 When posting you will not spam, troll, flame or insult members.
21 Excessively profane, insulting or mean spirited language is not allowed here.
22 Harassment or bullying or threats of any sort are not tolerated and may result in an instant ban of your user account.
23 You agree and understand that the debates may become passionate but you will not to resort to personal attacks. If you feel that you have been attacked, you will not retaliate but instead use the "report post" link at the bottom of the post to notify us.
24 Posts advocating or condoning illegal activity are not allowed on the board.
25 Commercial postings or postings about commercial suppliers / stores / operations are only allowed about or to site sponsors / advertisers. Members may post a single thread in the “What the Member can Offer” forum. All other posts will be deleted.
26 A user may include their company’s URL within their signature line, you may not link to any other commercial sites within your signature.
27 Signature lines must be limited to four lines.
28 We reserve the right to edit or delete any signature we do not feel is appropriate for the website.
29 Nudity or overly provocative images or racist or offensive images may not be used for Avatars or submitted anywhere on the website.
30 You agree that moderators and administrators at their discretion and when they deem it in the best interest of TheDiveForum.com, may edit or delete avatars, pictures, posts, articles, map entries, threads or any other information submitted to the website. They might also split threads to ensure a thread stays on topic and/or give infractions (which might result in a temporary or permanent ban) to users who fail to follow these rules. They will also ban users when necessary.
31 You agree that the moderators and administrators have the last word in any dispute and are responsible for the smooth running of the website and have final interpretation of these terms and conditions of use.
Dive Medicine Forum
32. The Website, its owner, its moderators, administrators and affiliated health professionals provide this forum for the discussion of general questions concerning diving medicine only.
33. It is intended to be for general discussion and educational purposes only.
34. Information provided by members, moderators, administrators and/or health professionals is in no way intended to serve as actual individual medical advice, diagnoses, or to provide treatment plans.
35. In no way does participating on these forums constitute a formal or informal doctor/patient relationship.
36. Contributions to the Diving Medicine forum are not limited to physicians, doctors or other health professionals. In fact, all members are invited to participate.
37. We assume no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or reliability of any posts.
38. It is possible that some information may be inaccurate, incomplete or otherwise flawed.
39. The information in these posts is not reviewed and is by no means endorsed or verified by TheDiveForum.com moderators, administrators or owner.
40. While your health is important to us, you are responsible for your own health care. In the event you feel you have any medical concerns regarding actual illness, injury or other possible risks, you should consult your physician or other health care professionals as you deem necessary and as soon as possible.
41. Any diver who believes that he or she (or a buddy) may have an urgent medical problem, including but not limited to any life threatening conditions, should initiate Emergency Medical Services contact immediately! Next, he or she should contact both a personal physician, and the Diver's Alert Network (DAN).
Trips / Holidays Forum
42. One thread only per event.
43. Any commercial offerings should be identified as such and may only be made from site sponsors.
44. No "bumping" allowed. Legitimate questions are fine, but please do not post just to get a better position in the forum.
45. You may purchase a "sticky" if you want. Please contact an administrator for details.
Dive Equipment Marketplace
46. The ‘for sale’ forum is not a place to criticise, comment on or in other way speak to the reliability or history of products for sale. Messages commenting on the quality or value of a deal negatively are expressly forbidden as are messages that “flame”, “troll” or otherwise negatively attack a company for their business practices. Honest, fact-based criticism can be posted in the appropriate forum elsewhere on the site.
47. Posting competing or counter offers to an advertisement in this forum immediately after another member or company's post simply as a means of under-cutting the first advertiser is expressly forbidden.
48. All members must read any and all sticky or announcement threads related to additional rules or restrictions that may exist in a particular For Sale sub-forum.
Advertising / Sponsorship
49. This website maintains commercial relationships with numerous companies which are unrelated to the ownership of this website.
50. Advertisers (also known as Sponsors) are entitled to no extra privileges nor may they break or disobey these terms in any way.
51. The maximum liability we accept in relation to advertising on the site in respect of any dispute with us is the amount paid for advertising by the advertiser in the current calendar year.
52. Adverts are only accepted from the company paying for the advert / sponsorship, you may not advertise on another company’s behalf.
53. After advertising payment has been received then adverts will be uploaded to the site as soon as possible.
54. Advertising rates are valid for 1 year from the initial payment being received.
55. Advertising does not imply endorsement of a product, service or user by the website or its owner.
56. Neither this website its owner or staff are agents of the companies advertising on the website.
57. Adverts must be paid for in advance. They may be cancelled by the advertiser at any time and we will then remove the advert and the identification that the user is a Sponsor but no refunds will be given.
58. In the event that any provision of these terms and conditions of use of this website is held unenforceable, it will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
59. All posts and articles on this website are the opinions of their respective authors and may not reflect the views of this website or its owner, you agree that TheDiveForum.com, its owner and all moderators and administrators cannot be held responsible or liable for the content of this website or the authenticity or accuracy of any information available on this website.
60. If you are employed by or own a company in the Scuba Industry and post on their behalf then you have accepted these terms and conditions on their behalf.
61. This is a safety oriented board and our recommendation is that each diver should seek formal accredited training on how to operate his or her equipment or unit and we do not recommend any other course of action. We encourage you to avail yourself of as much formal accredited training as possible. A competent instructor will be able to see safety concerns that you might miss.
62. The posts and articles written by the moderators and administrators are their individual views and you agree neither this website nor its owner are responsible or liable for their content, authenticity or accuracy.
63. We accept no liability (including without limitation) in either contract, tort, negligence, statutory duty or otherwise (to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law) arising out of the use of or access to or content contained on this website (which includes without limitation) any errors or omissions contained in this website or if the website is unavailable and we shall not be liable for any direct or indirect:
• economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, data, profits, contracts, use, opportunity, business or anticipated savings);
• personal injury or death;
• loss of goodwill or reputation; or
• special, incidental, consequential loss or damage, suffered or incurred arising out of or in connection with this website and these terms and conditions.
64. Copyright and Permissions
65.1 By publishing content to this forum you confirm that:-
• You alone are the author of your work and that it is your original work
• You are the sole copyright holder
• If the content is not your original work or your copyright, you declare you have received permission from the rights holder(s) to submit their content to thediveforum.com
• You have not licensed any rights in the work that conflict with the usage rights required by thediveforum.com
• You will be responsible for any claim made by any third party in respect of Your content and to fully indemnify thediveforum.com and its sponsors in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person or entity by reason of Your breaching any of the foregoing.
65.2 Thediveforum.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove any submission that does not comply with any of the above.
65.3 By publishing content to this forum, you hereby grant thediveforum.com a non-exclusive licence throughout the world to publish your content on forum.technicaldiving.ie, and agree that Your work may be used by thediveforum.com solely for publication and display on thediveforum.com website only unless licensed to do otherwise.
65.4 Thediveforum.com can assume no responsibility and are not liable for any misuse of your work by third parties. You acknowledge Your responsibility for protecting your content against misuse by third parties, by for example, but not limited to, the insertion of a watermark in a photograph/image.
65.5 You grant other users of thediveforum.com the right to quote content created by you, but only within thediveforum.com
65.6 You may contact a forum moderator(s) to object to derogatory treatment of your content as published by other users on thediveforum.com. You agree the moderator(s) decision to remove your content is at their discretion.
65.7 Your content as published on thediveforum.com may be archived for the sole purpose(s) of backup and/or disaster recovery activity.
67. Access to and use of this website is at the user's own risk and we do not warrant that the use of this website or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to any property or person, or otherwise minimise or eliminate the inherent risks of the internet including but not limited to loss of data, computer virus infection, spyware, malicious software, trojans and worms. Also, we accept no liability in respect of losses or damages arising out of changes made to the content of this website by unauthorised third parties.
68. In order to maintain the security of its systems, protect our staff and detect fraud and other crimes, theDiveForum.com reserves the right to monitor all internet communications, including web and email traffic relating to this website. Monitoring includes (without limitation) checks for viruses and other malignant code, criminal activity, and use or content that is unauthorised or unlawful or material that may cause offence in any way. We may share this information and any other information we might hold with law enforcement officials if asked to do so.
69. You agree to indemnify the owner for any loss or damage howsoever caused resulting from any breach by you of these terms and conditions of use.
70. The contents of this website, including these terms and conditions of use, are subject to change by us without notification. Your continued use of the website after any change/s signals your acceptance of said change/s. You should check these terms and conditions of use whenever you use the website. Additionally we shall not be obliged to remove any outdated information from the website or to expressly mark it as being outdated.
Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 08:28:20 PM by admin