Hello

• 0 Replies

SWT-Matt

• Join the dark side
    • View Profile
    • South West Technical Diving
Hello
« on: November 20, 2016, 07:10:28 PM »
I started diving in 1983 and began my tech career 7 years ago. Since then, including time working at a full t chnical centre for a season, I have certs and experience (1000 plus tech and cave dives) at diver level as a full trimix diver, full cave diver  in Open Circuit, and mod 3 diver and cave certified in CCR. I've had some awesome mentors and instructors including Tom Steiner, Phil Short, Mark Powell, Dave Gration, Rich Stevenson, Paul Toomer and early training from Cillian Gray, Declan Burke amd Firas Jundi. I try to stay current by teaching, research (bit of a deco nerd) and taking at least one course per year with a great instructor.

I've now become a technical instructor with TDI, IANTD and PADI and a partner in South West Tech, a TDI dive centre in Kinsale. I am also the JJ-CCR dealer and instructor for the Republic of Ireland. I teach open and closed circuit up to Helitrox and overhead training in advanced wreck penetration and technical rescue. I will start a long cave instructor internship later this year with on eof cave divings leading explorers and teachers and look forward to learning to teach cave both open and closed circuit.

I'm delighted to be able to support this forum and hope it becomes something that gains life and direction from the Irish Tech community. Every day we should learn something new!

Matt Jevon
Technical Dive Instructor TDI, IANTD, PADI
JJ-CCR Instructor and Dealer