Author Topic: "Dive Systems" all-kevlar drysuit question  (Read 2431 times)

Steve-M

"Dive Systems" all-kevlar drysuit question
« on: August 12, 2009, 04:21:39 PM »
About four years ago it was time to buy a new drysuit. I went to the Birmingham Dive Show and was impressed by an all-Kevlar neoprene drysuit being shown. I have a pair of neoprene-Kevlar gloves used for wrecking which have lasted for years. I figured that and all-Kevlar drysuit would last a long time too. The manufacturer was an Italian company called Dive Systems. The drysuit was sold by a Dublin company called DiverTec, represented by Barry Law.

The drysuit is holding up well ... but unfortunately the zip has broken. I had hoped that it would last longer than this, but such is life!

Now I'm trying to get the zip repaired and I find that DiverTec no longer exist and I have no way of contacting Barry. Nor can I find any contact with the Italian company Dive Systems.

I could get a company like O-Three to carry out repair and fit a new front entry zip. They will charge £200 ... expensive, but I can live with this. The problem is that they want to cut out a 3 inch section on either side of the existing zip and fit a new panel containing the replacement zip. This panel will not be Kevlar-faced neoprene material and I think it will look like a mess.

Does anyone know how I can contact Barrie Law?

Does anyone know how to contact the Italian company Dive Systems?

Does anyone have any better/other suggestions?

I think that there were quite a number of the all-Kevlar drysuits sold in Ireland around 2005/2006. Does anyone else have one who can advise?

Thanks,

Regards Steve-M.

Offline Stephen McMullan

Re: "Dive Systems" all-kevlar drysuit question
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 04:37:24 PM »
Barrie is no longer operating and Divertec has bitten the dust.

I think this is what you're looking for:

http://www.divesystem.com

Best of luck,

S

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 05:23:46 PM »
I just had my drysuit repaired by Paul Tanner in kenmare. I was a little unsure about getting it repaired as its getting old. But affer i got it back i was delighted i did. He put in a new zip and it was done even better than the original. The seal is super and it will give me another few years of diving. I have another suit fort cave diving thats kevlar and am having him fit new boots to that. Looking at the zipper on it now i think he would be able to fit a new zipper to mine so why not yours. Give him a call and he will be able to tell you if he can. He is cheaper than sening it over to england in total it cost me €194 deivered back to my door in 4 days. Cant do better than that can you really His number is 0876993793

Offline Ding

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 07:34:51 PM »
Most drysuits now will last for years...trilaminate material is nearly indestructable. Just make sure its double stiched and taped and all you will have to do is replace seals, zips and boots. I bought an aquion pro over twelve years ago and apart from the colour fading it still a dry dive.
Inspo Classic

Offline denismc

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 04:12:43 AM »
Another vote for Paul Tanner in Kenmare, he does a lot of drysuits and you should have your suit back in a few days unless he has to order a zip

Steve-M

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 08:48:25 PM »
Was this an all-kevlar drysuit ?

I just had my drysuit repaired by Paul Tanner in kenmare. I was a little unsure about getting it repaired as its getting old. But affer i got it back i was delighted i did. He put in a new zip and it was done even better than the original. The seal is super and it will give me another few years of diving. I have another suit fort cave diving thats kevlar and am having him fit new boots to that. Looking at the zipper on it now i think he would be able to fit a new zipper to mine so why not yours. Give him a call and he will be able to tell you if he can. He is cheaper than sening it over to england in total it cost me €194 deivered back to my door in 4 days. Cant do better than that can you really His number is 0876993793

Offline pat coughlan

• http://www.gusac.ie
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 05:26:17 PM »
About four years ago it was time to buy a new drysuit. I went to the Birmingham Dive Show and was impressed by an all-Kevlar neoprene drysuit being shown. I have a pair of neoprene-Kevlar gloves used for wrecking which have lasted for years. I figured that and all-Kevlar drysuit would last a long time too. The manufacturer was an Italian company called Dive Systems. The drysuit was sold by a Dublin company called DiverTec, represented by Barry Law.

The drysuit is holding up well ... but unfortunately the zip has broken. I had hoped that it would last longer than this, but such is life!

Now I'm trying to get the zip repaired and I find that DiverTec no longer exist and I have no way of contacting Barry. Nor can I find any contact with the Italian company Dive Systems.

I could get a company like O-Three to carry out repair and fit a new front entry zip. They will charge £200 ... expensive, but I can live with this. The problem is that they want to cut out a 3 inch section on either side of the existing zip and fit a new panel containing the replacement zip. This panel will not be Kevlar-faced neoprene material and I think it will look like a mess.

Does anyone know how I can contact Barrie Law?

Does anyone know how to contact the Italian company Dive Systems?

Does anyone have any better/other suggestions?

I think that there were quite a number of the all-Kevlar drysuits sold in Ireland around 2005/2006. Does anyone else have one who can advise?

Thanks,

Regards Steve-M.

Hi Steve what did you do about your dry suit zip as I am in the same position needing a zip replaced in my kevlar suit

Cheers pat

anything